March 2017 - January 2018 | Product Manager | Malmo, Sweden - Remote
Sequoia and Atomico funded startup employing deep learning to extract map data from street level imagery.
- Structured commercialization program for map data targeted at GIS and Municipal markets.
- Launched tools to crowdsource training and validation data used to improve machine learning algorithms.
- Launched add-in for Esri ArcGIS Pro. Add-in was one of the first to market targeting ArcGIS Pro.
- Formalized software development process resulting in the introduction of QA program.
- Built tools to ETL from Elasticsearch, uncovering user behavior data points otherwise unavailable.
June 2010 - December 2016 | Founder + Technical Director | Brooklyn, New York
Bootstrapped software agency focusing on intersection of design and development. Clients include GE, MIT Media Lab, Google, Museum of Modern Art, and Good Magazine/Upworthy.
- Led architecture and engineering for a wide range of web applications.
- Worked closely with customers to understand challenges and define requirements.
- Translated designs to software specifications, created and managed development team backlog.
- Implemented software development tools, frameworks, and processes leading to increased efficiency, autonomy, and participation by entire team.
- Led research, selection, and onboarding of offshore development team for select projects.
2009 - 2010 | Lead User Interface Developer | McLean, Virginia - Remote
Proactive planning tools for the financial advising industry.
- Led User Interface development team and established patterns still in use today.
2009 | User Interface Developer | New York, New York
Award winning design agency focused on strategy, design, and execution for education and experience.
- Worked closely with design and backend teams to specify, develop, and launch a content submission web application for the National 9/11 Memorial Museum.
2007 - 2009 | Intern | New York, New York
Non-profit art and technology center focused bridging the gap between artists and engineers to help envision the future.
- Collaborated with artists and engineers to bring visions of the future to life.
- Showed project at Sundance in New Frontiers exhibition.
2010 | B.F.A. Design and Technology | New York, New York |GPA: 3.65
- Thesis on extraction and visualization of sentiment from New York Times web comments.
- Commencement speaker.
References (details upon request)
Awards | Webby Awards Nominee - Architizer, Adobe Design Achievement, SXSW Interactive Awards Finalist
Activities | Backcountry Skiing (pursuing appointment to Tahoe Backcountry Ski Patrol), Road & Mountain Cycling (NYS Road State Champion, 2012)